Pakistan is a developing country and has a high poverty rate. One of the main reasons for this poverty is the high rate of disability. The former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan announced the Ehsaas Disabled Person Program to support disabled Pakistani citizens.
This program is managed by Bait-ul-mal with the help of Benazir Income Support sponsorship. Moreover, you receive your payment in your bank account.
The following article contains all details regarding the Ehsaas Disabled Person Program, including its eligibility criteria, registration process, etc.
What Is Ehsaas Disabled Person Program?
The former Prime Minister of Pakistan and the Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, Imran Khan, initiated the Ehsaas program to support needy Pakistani citizens and help them fulfill their necessities. One of the most common Ehsaas programs to support disabled Pakistani citizens is the Ehsaas Disabled Person Program.
In December 2020, Pakistan’s government announced this program to support disabled people and give them monthly scholarships. The bait-ul-mal department of Pakistan’s government manages this Ehsaas program through Benazir Income Support Program sponsorship.
As a Pakistani citizen, you must know Pakistan faces a high poverty rate compared to other developing countries worldwide. This poverty rate increased by a significant ratio because of the flood disasters last year. Many individuals suffered severe physical injuries that lead to severe disabilities.
Hence, the Ehsaas Kafalat Program is a great initiative to help Pakistani families with disabled family members. Approximately, around 29% of people are eligible for this program.
The Bait-ul-Mal department manages these payments by transferring them to the beneficiary’s bank account. Once it sends your payment, you can receive it from your bank account through a biometric system.
As clear from the program’s name, it supports special people. Initially, I thought this program didn’t have any eligibility criteria, but I was wrong. An applicant must have a serious disability to apply for this program.
Moreover, you might know, NADRA has a specific record of disabled citizens. Therefore, an applicant must be registered on Nadra’s disabled people record to fall in this program’s eligibility criteria.
How To Register For Ehsaas Disabled Person Program?
The registration process for this program has two methods. One of the most convenient methods includes online registration. Follow the following steps to register yourself online.
- First, visit the official website of the Ehsaas Program.
- The website contains a detailed list of financial assistance programs offered by the Ehsaas Program.
- From the detailed list, select “Ehsaas Disabled Person Program.”
- An online form appears on your screen.
- Start filling out the form with the disabled applicant’s name, father’s name, gender, and date of birth.
- Enter your correct contact number for verification.
- Remember, you must enter the disabled person’s information in the form.
- Once you add your contact information, enter your CNIC number in the required field.
- Fill in the required fields regarding your address, city, and province for further verification.
- After filling the form with the correct information, recheck your form and submit it to register yourself for the Ehsaas program.
Registration Through Punjab Bait-ul-Mal
Although online registration is less time-consuming and more reliable, some people do not prefer online registrations. If you are one of those individuals, you can register for this program through Punjab Bait-ul-mal. The following steps help you register yourself through Punjab Bait-ul-mal.
- All you need to do is download an online application form on your device and print it as a hard copy.
- Once you get your form in the printed form, it’s time to fill it out with the correct details.
- The form-filling procedure is the same as in online registration.
- You must start by filling in the details of the disabled person, including his full name, father’s name, date of birth, etc.
- Enter your correct CNIC number and attach the applicant’s picture on the form in the required field.
- Once you complete your registration form, submit it to your nearest Bait-ul-mal office with the help of the applicant’s thumb impression.
- When the Ehsaas Program completes your verification, you will receive a card that you can use to receive your monthly payment.
Application Process For The Ehsaas Disabled Person Program
As I mentioned, NADRA contains a detailed record of disabled citizens. The application process for the Ehsaas Disabled Person Program requires a biometric verification from NADRA to confirm the applicant’s eligibility. NADRA uses database records and verifies if the person is disabled or not.
If it verifies an individual’s disability, NADRA provides a disability card certificate and sends the applicant’s details to Ehsaas Program. Upon verification, Ehsaas management registers you for the Disabled Person Program and sends your monthly payment to the beneficiary’s bank account.
The above article details the Ehsaas Disabled Person Program online registration. Imran Khan, the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, announced this financial assistance program on Special Person’s Day in December 2020. This program supports many eligible disabled individuals and helps them fulfill their basic needs.