Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship program is specifically designed to provide financial assistance to underprivileged students.
It was first announced by Imran Khan (under the Ehsaas Program) who is also the chairman of one of the biggest political parties in South Asia namely, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
He had a view to educate the masses of Pakistan. It is a widespread fact that education is the key to uplifting entire nations and plays a foundation step for every developing country.
Since Pakistan is a poor country buried under huge foreign debts and the curse of inflation increasing day by day, not every family can afford to send their children to schools and pay their tuition fees. This is specifically for those families who would rather send their kids to work than school since they could always use another set of bread-earning hands.
Ehsaas scholarship program has helped mitigate this kind of mentality to a great extent. It not only provides financial assistance to students by paying their tuition fees and hostel expenses but also educates the masses about the benefits of studying and its role in uplifting countries and their economies.
Objective of The Ehsaas Scholarship Program
Pakistan has a population of more than 220 million people and education is not the facility accessible to all. Being a developing country it is imperative that the people of Pakistan educate themselves because that is the only way to uplift a country. The main objective of this Ehsaas program is to make that possible.
The best part about all this is that the Ehsaas program strives to educate women of all. Almost half the scholarships are reserved for deserving female candidates. It is because an educated woman educates the whole family.
Up until now, this program has helped millions of underprivileged students achieve their goals and dreams and get better employment opportunities based on their educational background.
What does Ehsaas Scholarship Cover?
Speaking about the financial support that you will receive from this fund, you will receive a full tuition fee.
- It means that you won’t have to pay anything out of your pocket in terms of tuition fees. However, you must keep in mind that the tuition fee will not come into your hands directly, in fact, the fund providers will themselves pay your dues on time. You will just have to go there to study and that’s it!
- Apart from the tuition fee, you will also receive a monthly stipend of PKR 4000 per month. In addition to that, they will also pay for your hostel dues in case you live in a hostel. However, if you live in your own home they will not cover your accommodation expenses.
Looking at The Figures
Every year, about fifty thousand students receive funds from the Ehsaas program. Their aim is to increase this number to two lakh per year but it is still a work in progress.
On average about 0.4% of the total population of families living in Pakistan can afford to provide their children with higher education.
This figure is so low that it does not even cover 10% of the quota set by the Ehsaas Scholarship Program.
How to apply For Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program?
Applying for the Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship program is also a very simple job. All you have to do is visit their official website through this link:
- Once the page loads up completely, fill out the form provided at the end of this page. Make sure that you put all your correct details because this form will be thoroughly scrutinized and any mistakes or blunders will reduce your chances of receiving a scholarship.
- Once you have filled out the full form, take a print of it and submit it to the university’s financial aid office.
- However, check out your university name with the list of universities on the Ehsaas scholarship program list of acceptable universities. Otherwise, your efforts will go to waste.
Eligibility Criteria And Benefits
If you are thinking about applying for the Ehsaas education scholarship, you must meet certain criteria. This criterion is set to ensure that only the most deserving students get access to the funds. Any other person who can afford college and accommodation expenses on his own should not expect any kind of financial aid from the Ehsaas program.
Let’s move to the criteria that you must meet in order to be deemed eligible for this scholarship.
Requirements to Recieve Funds
- Your total household income should not exceed PKR 45,000 per month. It means that if your household income exceeds this threshold, you will be deemed ineligible for this scholarship.
- Along with your income details, you will also be required to provide your CNIC number, full name, and academic record.
Requirements to Signup on their Portal
- If your age is 18 years, create an Ehsaas Scholarship account with your own CNIC otherwise, your application will not be entertained.
- In case you are 18 years old and still don’t have CNIC, please immediately apply for NADRA CNIC and then apply for the Ehsaas Scholarship.
- If your age is less than 18 years, only then you can apply through your own B-Form.
- In case you have used the CNIC of your parents, brother, sister, etc. your application will not be accepted.
Ineligibility for Ehsaas Undergraduate Program
If you are concerned about your eligibility/ineligibility for the Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship program, then let me give you comprehensive guidance on this matter.
- First of all, if you are registered with any self-finance, or self-support program by the government, then you will be deemed ineligible.
- Secondly, if you are receiving funds from any other scholarship program then you are also ineligible for this program. It means that you can not apply for this scholarship as well as other scholarships at once.
- Thirdly, if you are taking evening classes and paying a higher fee than usual, then you are also not eligible for the Ehsaas scholarship. You must be a regular daytime student in order to qualify for this scholarship.
- Apart from that, if your family earns a total income of fifty thousand or above per month, then you can also not apply for this scholarship.
- Besides that, if your monthly household electricity units exceed the limit of three hundred then you will automatically be deemed ineligible for this scholarship.
- Plus, if any of your parents are government employees then you are also ineligible for this scholarship program.
In Which Provinces Is Ehsaas Scholarship Program Operational?
The Ehsaas education scholarship program is operational all over Pakistan. It means that it does not matter which part of Pakistan you live in.
You could be living in any of the five provinces including KPK, Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, and Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and still be eligible for this scholarship program.
Sindh Universities that Fall Under This Program
If you are living in Sindh, you must do any bachelor’s program from a list of universities provided. This list of universities includes
- Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
- Sukkur Institute of Business Administration Sukkur
- Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University Lyari Karachi
- Dawood UET Karachi
- QUEST Nawabshah
- Shah Abdul Latif University Khairpur
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University of Law Karachi
- SHAHEED MOHTARMA BENAZIR BHUTTO MEDICAL Larkana
- Dow University of Health Sciences Karachi
- Institute of Business Administration Karachi
- Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences Jamshoro
- Peoples University of Medical and Health Science Sindh
- The Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University of Veterinary And Animal Sciences Sakrand
- and The University of Sufism and Modern Sciences Bhitshah.
Punjab Universities That Fall Under This Program
The list of Punjab universities that fall under the Ehsaas scholarship program includes
- Punjab Tianjin University of Technology-Lahore
- Government College Women University Sialkot
- Information Technology University Lahore (ITU)
- King Edward Medical University
- Kinnaird College For Women Lahore
- Lahore College for Women University (LCWU)
- National Textile University -FSD
- Fatima Jinnah Medical University-Lahore
- and Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU)
- Fatima Jinnah Women University-Rwp
- The University of Punjab Lahore
- The Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Bahawalpur
- Faisalabad Medical University Faisalabad
- and University of Home Economics Lahore
KPK Universities That Fall Under This Program
The list of universities in KPK that fall under the Ehsaas program includes
- Agriculture University Peshawar
- UET Mardan
- Women University Swabi
- Islamia College Peshawar
- Khushal Khan Khattak University Karak
- Khyber Medical Peshawar
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University Shringal Dir Upper
- University of Swat
- The University of Peshawar
- Bacha Khan University
- and University of Science & Technology Bannu.
Balochistan Universities That Fall Under This Program
A list of universities in Balochistan that fall under the Ehsaas program includes
- UET Khuzdar
- The Lasbela University of Agriculture Water and Maring Sciences Uthal
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University Quetta
- Balochistan University of Information Technology
- Engineering and Management
- and Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences Quetta.
AJ&K Universities That Fall Under This Program
The universities in AJ&K that fall under the Ehsaas program include
- MUST Mirpur AJK
- AJKU Muzaffarabad
- Women University Bagh AJK
- University of Poonch Rawalakot
- and Kotli University Kotli AJK.
What Supporting Documents Must Be Attached With Ehsaas Application Form?
It is absolutely imperative that you take extra care to attach all the required documents with your application form. These documents include a copy of your CNIC card or Form-B in case you don’t have a CNIC, a salary slip of your guardian, a copy of the last six months’ utility bills, a CNIC copy of your guardian, and a copy of the rental house agreement, if applicable.
Apart from that, you must also provide a single passport-sized photograph of yourself, copies of medical bills, and a single picture of your house from the front outside.
So, this was all from my side. I hope you all enjoyed reading through this article. I tried my best to provide you with all the information that I had relating to the Ehsaas scholarship program and everything relating to it. In fact, I also discussed the eligibility criteria so that you can assess your eligibility all by yourself. This will save you valuable time and energy that you will spend on applying for this scholarship in case you are disqualified.
In the end, I would like to summarize this entire discussion by pointing out the major features of the Ehsaas scholarship program. First of all, it is one of the best and much needed educational scholarship programs currently functioning in Pakistan. Secondly, it provides assistance to the most deserving students.
And finally, it also provides for their living and accommodation expenses so that the students can focus on their studies without having to face any problems.