Many students in Pakistan are unable to pursue good education due to the lack of resources and funds. This not only limits their chances of a good future but also restricts the family to a subpar life. The Ehsaas Eidi Program is one of the many initiatives taken by the government of Pakistan to offer help to such students.
Eidi is a major part of the culture of Pakistan that involves exchanging gifts usually in the form of money. The Prime Minister Eidi program is quite similar, as it offers scholarships to deserving students. This allows them to have a better chance of studying in good institutes as well as creating a good life for their families.
To find out more about the program and its registration process, you will need to read the article below. All the information has been gathered there for your convenience.
What Is Ehsaas Program?
The Ehsaas Program was an initiative that was started by Ex-Prime Minister Imran Khan. It was for the poor people belonging to the low-income group with a monthly earning of 25000 or less. The program offered monetary aid to such families that got themselves registered. The Ehsaas Eidi is a part of the Ehsaas program that was started by the new government.
At the beginning of 2023, the caretaker Prime Minister of Pakistan, Shahbaz Sharif announced the Eidi Program. It was implemented country-wide soon after. Let me share what the program actually is.
This is an initiative taken by the government that offers financial support in the form of scholarships to underprivileged students living in Pakistan.
The initiative goes by the name of Ehsaas Eidi Program or Ehsaas Eidi 35000. The government offers scholarships to a wide range of students countrywide. Approximately 50000 to 200000 students receive this eidi. Even if the student does not get a complete 100% scholarship, they get at least 50%.
The program is associated with BISP which is an abbreviation of the Benazir Income Support Program. Moreover, it is also associated with HEC which stands for Higher Education Commission.
Eligibility Criteria For The Program
Now that we have discussed what the program is, let me elaborate on the eligibility criteria. Every initiative taken by the government to help the poor and low-income people comes with a specific set of factors. They ensure that the person receiving the funds and aid actually deserves the help.
- The first criterion for the Ehsaas Eidi Program is that the person should be a student studying in any institute in Pakistan.
- As the program specifically targets underprivileged students; therefore, the applicant must be a registered student of any educational institute across Pakistan.
- This leads us to the second requirement which is that the applicant must have all of their documents from their respective institute. This includes admission forms, fee slips and student ID cards etc.
- In addition to that, the applicant must also have their own CNIC along with a mobile number registered on the said CNIC. In case the person does not have their own valid CNIC of Pakistan or it has expired, they will not be eligible for the program.
- Another condition is that the person needs to submit the details of their own bank account registered under their name. It is critical that the bank account must have a minimum existing amount of 9000 Pakistani Rupees.
- The person also needs to be from a low-income family that makes less than 25000 per month. The other requisite includes registration on 8171. This is a helpline that the government has made for the registration procedure for the Eidi program.
- If a person is not registered on 8171, they can do so by visiting their nearest NADRA office. They can go to the office or call them at 0800-26477 to inquire more details about the registration.
Once all of these requirements of the criterion have been met, the person can receive their scholarship in the registered bank account.
Registration For The Ehsaas Eidi Program
The registration process for this program is quite simple. The person needs to fill out a form online with all of their details. They need to submit their personal details which include CNIC number, mobile number, bank account details, and their educational documentation.
The person must apply for this program before Eid to avail of the financial benefits. They can even apply during Eid and on its third and last day.
However, applications submitted after the third-day of Eid will not be accepted. So, the person will not receive any benefits and scholarships from the program.
In case an applicant is not sure of their eligibility, they can visit the Ehsaas portal and add their CNIC along with their mobile number to the search bar present there. The portal goes by the name of 8171 Web Portal and can be accessed from a laptop or mobile phone.
Significance of This Eidi Program
The major advantage of this Eidi program is that the applicant gets a minimum of 50% scholarship on the degree they are pursuing. This is the lowest amount that they receive, and the highest amount is 100%, which means they get to pursue their degree completely free of cost.
There is a larger number of students in Pakistan that are living in poor conditions. Moreover, due to the lack of funds, they often cannot complete their education. With this program, such students from underprivileged families get a chance to pursue and finish their degrees without any worry.
Over the years the government of Pakistan has started many programs and taken initiatives that were for the people belonging to the low-income group. One of those amazing initiatives is the Ehsaas Eidi Program which provides scholarships to deserving students.
There is a lot more to know about this program including the eligibility criteria and the registration. The article above has been dedicated to this topic and I hope it answers all of your queries.