The Covid pandemic and the recent inflation have affected many developing countries, including Pakistan. Pakistan faced a huge loss in its economy because of the current situation. Although small-scale and new businesses are the backbone of a country’s economy, they faced huge societal negligence.
The Government of Punjab announced the Punjab Rozgar Scheme in 2020 to acknowledge and promote small-scale businesses. This scheme’s primary objective is to give loans to Punjab Province individuals seeking to start or expand their businesses.
Table of Contents
It is a great initiative by Pakistan’s government because it helped many unemployed individuals to start their businesses. The following article contains all details regarding this scheme, including its eligibility criteria, the application process, and salient features.
What Is Punjab Rozgar Scheme?
Pakistan is a developing country and struggles to improve its economy. With recent inflation, the economy of Pakistan has gotten worse. In such times, new and small businesses play a vital role in improving the country’s economy. Although new enterprises are essential to society, they do not get enough support and importance.
Hence, to improve Pakistan’s economy and promote new businesses, the Government of Punjab announced an advanced initiative in October 2020 to improve the province’s economy. As clear from its name, the Punjab Rozgar Scheme benefits individuals having a Punjab domicile.
Additionally, this scheme plays a significant role in supporting the country’s youth, helping them to initiate new businesses. In collaboration with the Punjab Small Industries Corporation, the Government of Punjab manages this scheme with a total cost of around Rs. 30 billion.
The Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC) is one of the most well-known organizations in Pakistan that control small-scale businesses, the development of infrastructure businesses, marketing channels, handicraft colonies, design centers, workshops, and much more.
Hence, unemployed individuals who want to start new businesses or the country’s youth who want to expand their businesses and improve their economy can apply for this scheme and take full advantage of it to expand their small-scale businesses.
Importance of The Punjab Rozgar Scheme
As I mentioned earlier, during the recent inflation and Covid-19 pandemic, Pakistan faced a huge loss in its economy. The majority of people lost their jobs. Furthermore, many small businesses face numerous challenges.
In such a difficult time, the Punjab Rozgar Scheme is no less than a savior. It focuses on promoting small-scale and new businesses in the province to improve the country’s overall economy. This scheme focuses on different sectors, including trade, service, manufacturing, agricultural, and livestock industries.
Moreover, many other schemes are available with this scheme that help unemployed citizens and help in the province’s betterment and establishment. Hence, I won’t be wrong if I say this scheme is one of Pakistan’s most essential yet successful schemes.
Who Does The Punjab Rozgar Scheme Support?
Initially, I thought this scheme only supported the youth who seek to start a new business, but I was wrong. If you are also confused about what group this scheme supports, the following details can help you in many ways. The following are the details of the groups this scheme focuses on.
First things first, the main focus of this scheme is on the country’s youth. Graduates from different universities with degrees in business fields or technical and vocational training who want to start a new business can avail of this loan and start their desired business.
Moreover, this scheme supports individuals with existing businesses. Many people in Pakistan have small-scale businesses and need investments to expand their businesses. Thanks to the Punjab Rozgar Scheme that provides loans to small businesses and helps them expand it.
Apart from the youth and small-scale businesses, this scheme supports skilled individuals and helps them with their work. Lastly, it focuses on micro or other firms who want loans for cleaner production methods to minimize environmental pollution in the province. In short, it is a great initiative to support most individuals in the province in such difficult times.
Though this scheme is vital in improving the country’s economy and supporting the youth, it has specific eligibility criteria.
In other words, you can only apply for this scheme if you fall within its eligibility criteria. Otherwise, you will be considered ineligible for the scheme. The following are some essential factors to ensure your eligibility for this program.
- An applicant’s age must be between 20 years to 50 years.
- Individuals younger or older than the given age are ineligible for this program.
- There is no restriction on gender to apply for this program, i.e., males, females, and transgender people are eligible.
- This scheme supports Punjab’s citizens, and the applicant must prove his residency through his CNIC or domicile.
- Your business location must be in Punjab and not in any other province.
- An applicant must have a clean credit history.
- To start a new business, you must have a viable plan to apply for the scheme.
- One must have a viable plan for the existing business to overcome Covid-19’s impact.
- You must be a Pakistani citizen with a valid CNIC.
The following are a few salient features of this scheme; one must know enough about them before applying.
- The loan tenure for this scheme is 2 to 5 years with 6 months grace period.
- This scheme uses a term loan type.
- This scheme’s clean loan limit ranges from Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 1,000,000.
- For a secured loan, the limit is above Rs.1,000,000 up to Rs. 10,000,000.
- The debt-equity ratio for male applicants is 80:20.
- For females, transgender and disabled individuals, the debt-equity ratio is 90:10.
- The processing fee to apply for this scheme is Rs. 2000, which is not refundable.
- This scheme uses a security requirement to ensure an applicant’s registration and eligibility.
- One of the most important security requirements includes the borrower’s Guarantee and a net worth statement above Rs. 500,000 up to Rs. 1,000,000.
- Personal Guarantee of the borrower, along with the net worth statement, is mandatory for the security loan limit from Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 500,000.
- Moreover, the borrower’s Guarantee and at least a 3rd party guarantee with a collective net worth equal to the loan amount are mandatory.
- The third party must be a Pakistani citizen and a resident of Punjab with a valid CNIC.
- The third part must be younger than 55 years and have a clean credit history.
- An applicant’s net worth may be in the form of property or vehicle ownership.
- Your net worth in the form of property may be valued at the DC rate by the bank.
- The customer pricing for the clean is 4%, while 5% is for secure.
How To Apply For The Punjab Rozgar Scheme?
When I was new at the Punjab Rozgar Scheme, I thought its application process was difficult and that an applicant must visit a concerned office to register, but this isn’t true. After fulfilling the eligibility criteria, follow the following steps to apply for this scheme.
- Visit the official website of the Punjab Rozgar Scheme.
- Once you open the website, click on “Apply Now.”
- Now, fill out the application form with the correct details.
- Remember to enter your CNIC name on the application form.
- Enter your email address and contact number for the confirmation.
- Upon verification, enter your CNIC number.
- Now, create a strong password for your account for security purposes.
- Recheck your details before submitting your form to avoid inconvenience.
- After rechecking your form, click “Register” to complete your application process.
What is the Punjab Rozgar Scheme?
The Covid pandemic and the recent inflation have severely affected Pakistan’s economy. In such difficult situations, the Government of Punjab announced this initiative to improve Pakistan’s economy by promoting small-scale and new businesses. This scheme provides loans to Punjab’s citizens for their businesses.
Who is eligible for the Punjab Rozgar Scheme?
As clear from its name, this scheme supports Punjab’s citizens. Hence, an applicant must be a Pakistani and a resident of Punjab. Moreover, his business location should be in Punjab, and his age must be between 20 to 50 years.
How to apply for the Punjab Rozgar Scheme?
The application process for this scheme is easy. Visit Punjab Rozgar Scheme’s official website and click “Apply Now.” Fill out the form with the correct information, recheck it, and register your application.
What is the loan limit for the Punjab Rozgar Scheme?
This scheme’s clean loan limit ranges from Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 1,000,000. In contrast, for a secured loan, the limit is above Rs.1,000,000 up to Rs. 10,000,000.
How much is the debt-equity ratio for the Punjab Rozger Scheme?
The debt-equity ratio for male and female applicants varies in this scheme. The debt-equity ratio for male applicants is 80:20. Conversely, for females, transgender and disabled individuals, the debt-equity ratio is 90:10.
The above article contains detailed information on one of the most well-known schemes in Pakistan that provide financial assistance in the form of loans to people who seek to initiate a new business or those who want to expand their existing business but do not have investments.
Moreover, it is a great initiative by the government because it has somehow decreased the unemployment rate in Pakistan and improved its economy to some extent.