Want to know how to check your National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) registration status and eligibility? Then you are at the right place. In this article, I will give you a brief overview of NSER, its registration process, methods, and status. Therefore, keep reading if you want to know everything about NSER registration.
Understanding National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER)
National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) system was initiated by Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) in 2011 to identify or register eligible households or individuals that can’t financially support themselves.
National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) is a database system that collects information on the sociological and economic conditions of different households throughout Pakistan.
Furthermore, NSER has data on more than 20 million households, which covers almost 80% of Pakistan’s population. This system or registry was launched due to Poverty Scorecard Survey (PSC). The survey was conducted to determine the deserving household that requires financial assistance and cannot support themselves.
Moreover, public and private sector social welfare programs also utilize the services of the National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) system to enhance the overall targeting efficiency. The main aim of NSER is to calculate who is qualified to receive benefits from different government welfare programs, such as Ehsaas Kafalat Program, Ehsaas Nashonums Program, and many more.
NSER Survey Registration (In-Depth Guide)
Don’t know how to register for NSER? Then let me explain it to you in simple terms. If you belong to the vulnerable segment of society, you have every right to apply for the social welfare programs introduced by the government. However, before applying, you must complete the survey launched by the government. This survey determines whether you are eligible for the program or not.
Therefore, you must register your household in the National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) system so that you can receive the financial assistance you need. The NSER survey (2023) has started, and many who could not register can now apply for National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) survey registration.
Furthermore, NSER has upgraded from the previous approach, the Paper Based Personal Interviewing Approach (PAPI), to the Computer-Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) method. This method allows for a powerful and accurate collection of information and details.
National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) offers two methods for registration which are the traditional door-to-door approach and the other is self-enrolment or desk approach. Let me tell you how to register using these two methods:
Door-To-Door Registration Approach
As the title suggests, The NSER survey team will conduct the surveys by directly visiting every household in different areas or districts. The survey team can collect correct assessments of every individual’s financial and social condition through this method. This method also ensures that the team can cover a wide range of people and that everyone can have the opportunity to register.
Furthermore, the survey team can ask the following questions from you, so provide correct information not to miss any opportunity of getting financial benefits.
- Name of every household member
- Every household member’s CNIC number and its copy
- Children B form
- Every household member’s academic and employment information
- Any disability or sickness
- Financial and property details
Provide correct details to avoid any legal issues and delay in your payments. Furthermore, this registration method does not require any fee.
Self-Enrollment/Desk Registration Approach
You must visit the social welfare scheme office to fill out the NSER survey form. It can be Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) or Ehsaas programs. There are dedicated registration centers in different districts that will conduct NSER surveys, and you can find out which dedicated center is near you through the NSER’s website https://nser.nadra.gov.pk/nsersurvey/.
You can visit the nearest registration center, and remember to take your CNIC card and your child’s NADRA B form. They will give you a token, after which the survey will be conducted to gather details for your NSER registration.
However, remember that they will only provide a token if you have your CNIC card and your child’s B form. Hence, be careful.
The data entry operator will ask you the following questions; therefore, it is necessary to be aware and prepared:
- Properties and assets details
- Education information
- Your job-related details
- Financial income
- They can also ask questions related to your household members
- Marital status
- Any illness or disability
You must provide authentic and accurate information to avoid any legal charges against you. Therefore, exercise cautiousness.
NSER Registration Check By CNIC
After you have successfully registered, the question arises how can I check my registration status? Don’t worry. I will tell you two easy methods to check whether you are eligible for the social welfare scheme and your registration status.
Using CNIC For Registration Check
If you have successfully registered and want to know if you are eligible to receive the payments, then follow the given instructions:
- Search for your Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and note the number. Your CNIC number must be registered with NADRA.
- Next, take out your mobile phone and open the messaging app.
- Enter your CNIC number. Provide the correct number.
- Send the message containing your CNIC number to 8171.
After you have sent the message, you will receive one of the four replies depending on your registration status. These replies are as follows:
- You will know you are eligible for the scheme if they send you a message stating to collect your payments from the dedicated social welfare programs center.
- They will message you “not eligible” if you do not fit their criteria or requirements. There might be various reasons behind the disqualification. Additionally, one could be that your income is above the required poverty score because these welfare programs are only for those who can’t provide for themselves.
- You might receive a message stating that your details are being confirmed. This means you must wait for a while. After verifying your information and completing the survey, they will send you another message. Therefore, wait for some time.
- Lastly, some individuals may receive a message indicating “to wait for the survey team.” This message is for those who haven’t registered yet.
This method is the easiest and only requires a strong connection, and with one press, you can know your registration status and eligibility.
Using Web Portal For Registration Check
Another approach you can use is the online method, which will require you to visit the NSER official website. Read the following instructions to check your NSER registration status:
- Enter your name, CNIC number, mobile number, and code, and then click “submit”. Kindly provide the correct information to avoid any delay in response.
- Next, you will receive a notification informing you whether you are eligible or disqualified.
- If you are declared eligible you can go to the nearest welfare program center to get your money.
- However, if you receive a message stating that the provided CNIC number does not exist in the records, it means you have not registered yet. Hence go to the nearby registration center and fill out the survey form.
If you have a strong internet connection, then go for this method. I have provided you with two methods, so use whichever is convenient for you.
Can I be registered if my CNIC card is expired?
No, you can not register or fill out the National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) survey form, if your CNIC card is past the due date. Therefore, you must renew your CNIC card with NADRA. Furthermore, to check your registration eligibility and status you must have a valid and authentic CNIC card.
Can I apply online for NSER registration?
No. You must go to any nearby registration center and fill out the National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) survey form. You can only check your registration status and eligibility online through the 8171 web portal.
What is the purpose of the NSER survey?
The main aim of the National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) survey is to record information of the vulnerable segment of the society and determine their welfare status. Through the NSER system, the government can provide funds to the entitled households or individuals. Therefore, you must fill out this form and register yourself in the NSER system if you need financial assistance.
National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) survey form must be completed by every individual who wishes to receive financial assistance from government welfare programs. This survey is conducted to ensure you are eligible for the social welfare schemes such as Ehsaas Kafalat programs, Benazir income support programs, and more.
The National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) registration process is simple and can be easily done by any individual and does not require any complicated procedures. Moreover, you also have the flexibility to check your registration status and eligibility at any time. By using your CNIC and online method you can effortlessly verify whether you are eligible or disqualified for certain social welfare programs.